II Gefenol Summer School on Statistical Physics of Complex and Small Systems
Monday, September 03, 2012 - Friday, September 14, 2012
Where: “Centro de Ciencias Pedro Pascual” in Benasque, Huesca, Spain
Fernando Falo, Jesús Gómez-Gardeñes (local organizers)
J.M. Parrondo, P. Colet, F. Falo, J.A. White and M.A. Rodríguez (Scientific Organizers)
The Summer School is co-sponsored by the European Science Foundation through the PESC activity Exploring the Physics of Small Devices, and it is open to students world-wide and will take place along two weeks in which there will be a total of six courses on the following subjects:
- Stochastic Thermodynamics. Massimiliano Esposito, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Evolution and Statistical Mechanics. José A. Cuesta, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid, Spain.
- Statistical Physics of Networks and Proteins. Paolo de los Rios, EPF de Laussane, Laussane, Switzerland.
- Systems Biology. Jordi García-Ojalvo, UPC, Barcelona, Spain.
- Neurobiology and Behavior. Gonzalo G. de Polavieja, Instituto Cajal (CSIC) Madrid, Spain.
- Experiments in Soft Matter. Francesc Sagues, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
Further information about the School can be found at the web page: http://benasque.org/2012gss/
Applications to attend the school can be submitted through the school web page until June 15.
Fellowships covering the lodging cost will be available.